Recipe For My New Favorite Dish That I Recently Learned To Make
Things that are giving me life during quarantine....this spaghetti squash! I'm not kidding when I say that I, like so many of you, have been learning to cook so many different things that I never did before. Mind blown with this dish. First of all, I never knew spaghetti squash existed, let alone that if you bake it a certain away, when scraped with a fork, the sides and inside of the squash are like actual spaghetti noodles.
This is a 'healthier' version of spaghetti/lasagna, however it tastes to you, but let me warn you, it is yummy and addictive! Even your kids will love it. I'll share my recipe:
- buy SPAGHETTI SQUASH as you see pictured-cut it in half, scoop out the insides
- next brush the inside of each half lightly with olive oil, turn upside down on a cookie sheet, bake at 350 for 45 minutes
- brown your hamburger meat (you can also use Italian Sausage if you wish) combine with your favorite spaghetti sauce...Ragu, Prego, etc...
- once spaghetti squash is done in the oven, start layering your contents into each half
- mine consists of meat, ricotta cheese (I personally use cottage cheese because I love it) meat again and once you've reached the top sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the top and put in the oven for another 15 minutes
And you're done! That's it. Your squash is your bowl, so you eat the inside of the squash.