Recipe For A Chicken Dip That I Love And Is Easy To Make
I am always looking for 'low cal' ways to cook for myself as opposed to the food my family eats. I am that person. I cook for my loved ones, then I will make a separate meal for myself. They are not on a diet, why should they have to eat the 'healthy' food that mom eats? lol
I typically grab ideas from the internet, Pinterest and social media groups I follow that always have tips and great recipes. This particular dish came from a family member. I call it chicken dip, simply because I do not remember what it is actually called? If you want something easy to prepare and that will be ready quick when you're hangry, this is the dish for you!
This is what the dip will look like before you place it in the oven. Here is the recipe I follow:
- boil several chicken breasts-I typically boil 2 or 3-shred them once they are done
- chop up a couple of jalapenos (to your taste tbh), 2 bell peppers (I personally love bell pepper so I always do 2), and about half an onion-saute them in a little bit of olive oil
- soften an entire block of cream cheese and you will also need 1/2 cup of shredded cheese
- combine your sauteed veggies, block of cream cheese, shredded chicken, shredded cheese and half a packet of taco seasoning-mix them up good
- pour in a pan, then place in the oven on 350 for about 25 minutes
- take out and pour another 1/2 cup of shredded cheese on top and put back in the oven for about 5 minutes
- Ready to eat with tortilla chips!
KEEP READING: 3-ingredient recipes you can make right now