The One Thing You Will Never Catch Me Doing At The Grocery Store
Going to the grocery store is not my favorite thing to do. I will make a list in my phone, only go through the aisles of the items that I need, head to the register and be on my merry way. I may linger in the bakery or if my kids are with me, we may spend a little more time in the cereal aisle than I care to but for the most part I'm pretty quick with my shopping. But there is one thing you will never catch me doing at the grocery store...
I have learned my lesson time and time again, not to go through the self check out. I swear it just does not work out for me, ever. As I am heading to the front of the store to find the 'shortest lane' to get into, I glance over at the lucky folks in the self check out lane. I am envious of them. If I step in that line, I guarantee one of these things will go wrong, it always does:
- one of my items will need a price check and I will hold up the line
- the computer will malfunction and freeze and I will have to move to another register
- the computer will claim one of my items was not bagged and an employee will have to come help me
- my card will not work and someone will have to come swipe it for me
- I will forget the water and sodas under my basket and hold up the line by scanning those items and going through the checkout process and 2nd time
Don't believe me? Go to the store with me. Happens.every.time. So I will do the public a solid and just avoid it altogether. You're welcome. Am I the only one that feels this way?