Only In Texas Do We Do These Things….
It's a Texas thing, you wouldn't understand...how many times have we uttered that phrase to friends, family or acquaintances that have never been to our great state? Thanks to the movies, non-Texans think we ride horses to work, we all wear cowboy hats and boots and all live on farms and raise animals. lol
I mean we do some unusual, some would call crazy things but we're not aliens! I thought I would share a list for folks who have never been to Texas or no nothing about us Texans. We will call this only in Texas....
- only in Texas do peeps line up to watch highschool kids enter prom like it's a movie premiere
- only in Texas do we wear flowers or 'mums' that cover the entire front of our bodies for the Homecoming football game-Friday night football is a religion
- only in Texas will we sit in a line a mile long to get our Chick fil A or Whataburger fix
- only in Texas will you see men, women and children wearing shorts year round
- only in Texas will we drive 5 or more hours just to get our lake or any body of water fix
- only in Texas when we ask for Coke it could mean Dr Pepper, Sprite or any other flavor of soda
- only in Texas will an entire city shut down for a couple of inches of snow-i.e. Snowpocalypse 2021 that happened a few weeks back
- only in Texas do we have all four seasons in one day
- only in Texas do we look for any excuse to bar b que-birthday, anniversary, cousin coming to visit-let's cook out!
truly the list could go on. Everything truly is bigger and better in Texas!
IN PHOTOS: American Life in 2020