I read this story about my hometown and was not the least bit surprised. Apparently one of the water wells that supplies water to the city tested positive for E. coli. Ewwwww. But bacteria in the water is the reason that my family has not been drinking faucet water for years. 

I'm pretty sure the last time I drank a glass of water directly from the faucet or the water hose, was in my childhood, like we're talking the 80's. lol  For some of us locals it's just known not to drink the yucky water. However, after taking dozens of samples and taking the proper precautions to remedy the situation, the water should be safe to drink within 48 hours.

More From B93