16 Things to Do in the Abilene Area During Spring Break
Spring Break is just around the corner and if you're stuck in the Abilene area, then please allow us to offer a few activities for you to enjoy during your week off.
Granted, Abilene isn't a beach in Florida or down in South Padre, but there's still some stuff you can do around here that'll help you enjoy the week off just a little more.
When is Spring Break in the Abilene area?
For most area schools, Spring Break is March 14th-18th. However, there are a few schools that have different dates, so double-check your time off here.
So, what's there to do for Spring Break in the Abilene area?
In no particular order, here are quite a few things you can do during your week off.
- Watch the movie "Cars" at the Paramount Theater on March 18th and 19th.
- Ride your motorcycle in the Rides of March Poker Run on March 12th at Kent's Harley-Davidson.
- Lace-up those skates for a great time at The Skatin' Place.
- Go camping at Abilene State Park in Buffalo Gap
- Speaking of Buffalo Gap, do some shopping at the Buffalo Gap Flea Market on Saturday, March 19th.
- Take a virtual trip back in time at Frontier Texas.
- Check out a movie at Town & Country Drive-in.
- Play some miniature golf at Play Faire Park.
- Take a stroll through Abilene Zoo...and make sure you feed the giraffes.
- Rattle the chains while playing some disc golf at one of our local courses.
- Go for a swim, or lounge around in the lazy river, at Adventure Cove at Rose Park.
- Spend the day playing games at PrimeTime Family Entertainment Center.
- Create fun and unique wood decor at Board & Brush.
- Check out the Anson Lights for a good scare or two.
- For the younger kids on spring break, you can't go wrong with taking them to one of the area splash pads.
- It's Spring Break...you really should go swimming and there are plenty of area pools to enjoy.
Speaking of swimming, if you want to branch out from the Abilene area, then check out one of these amazing swimming holes we have here in Texas.