Thanksgiving Fun Facts To Wow Your Family With This Year
I came across a website that has some Thanksgiving fun facts that I never knew and I am shooketh! According to bestlife.com, the first Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade had live animals instead of balloons and more things you probably never knew about turkey day!
DID YOU KNOW?
- the first ever Macy's Thanksgiving Parade was held in 1924 and large, live animals rolled down the street in New York-elephants, tigers, various animals they say came from the Central Park Zoo
- originally Thanksgiving was celebrated over 3 days-in 1621 in Plymouth, Massachusetts-I will be eating leftover for that many days after Thanksgiving
- Pilgrims did not have forks-knives and spoons were the only things available at the time-trust where there's a will there's a way!
- did you know there is a Turkey, Texas? population under 500, located in North Texas, people travel from all over the country just to spend Thanksgiving in Turkey
- the tryptophan in turkey is not what makes you sleepy after a big Thanksgiving meal-it is the overload of carbs and calories we all take in
- Thanksgiving eve is the biggest drinking night of the year! Good thing I have a bottle of wine in the fridge! Always drink responsibly.
- the day after Thanksgiving is known as brown Friday to plumbers for obvious reasons-they stay busy with calls coming in about clogged pipes and kitchen sinks-Yikes!
Whatever your Thanksgiving plans this year, please be safe and enjoy your time with family and friends! B93 wishes you all a very happy Thanksgiving 2021!