Did You Know There’s a National Tortilla Chip Day? Yep, it’s True
Alright, by now, you've probably come to realize that there's a "holiday" for just about everything, including tortilla chips.
While tortilla chips are a staple at every Mexican food restaurant, it's also the State Snack of Texas. Yeah, I didn't know that either, but back in 2003 tortilla chips and salsa were given the dubious distinction by the Lone Star State.
When is National Tortilla Chip Day?
Tortilla chips were initially an afterthought, a simple snack made with leftover tortillas. But these crispy triangles of deliciousness soon became a nationwide sensation, and each February 24, we celebrate these salty snacks with National Tortilla Chip Day. Whether you eat yours plain or dip them in a spicy salsa, tortilla chips bring the fiesta to any occasion. [NationalToday.com]
Now, if you're like me, you find any reason at all to party and that includes celebrating National Tortilla Chip Day.
How do I celebrate National Tortilla Chip Day?
First off, I'm with you, it sounds weird to say we're celebrating "chips". Then again, I'll use any reason to party, so let's dig in on some ways to observe this crunchy and salty day.
- Our first way is super obvious - eat some chips and salsa
- Go to the restaurant that serves your favorite chips. For me, it's Rosa's Cafe
- Go big by making nachos
- Use those triangle chips as footballs and kick em through the uprights using your finger and thumb
- Crunch those chips up and mix the crumbs in queso and eat by the spoonful
- And don't forget to include #NationalTortillaChipDay when you post your photos on social media
By the way, you know what goes great with chips and salsa, right? Margaritas...and they have their own day too.