65,000 Vehicles Stolen Every Year! These Are The Top 5 Most Stolen In TEXAS!
We all know someone, that one person who always forgets to lock their vehicle. You may ask them OMG what is your deal? You're just asking for your car to get broken into! Then there are those of us that are so careful to check and double-check that our cars are locked before we go to bed at night.
Sadly over 65,000 vehicles are stolen every year. Don't let yours be one of them!
The reality of it however is that if you've got a bright, shiny new vehicle sitting in your garage or parked in front of your home, you may think you're at a higher risk of it being stolen.
Surprisingly that is not always the case. Why? Because newer model vehicles have all the safety bells and whistles that tend to scare thieves away, in most cases but new car folks you're still not in the clear. Lock your vehicle regardless!
THE MOST STOLEN CARS IN THE U.S. FOR 2023:
5. Nissan Altima-according to fortunly.com, the 2020 version is the most popular, and almost 15,000 are stolen each year.
4. Toyota Camry-nearly 17,000 units were stolen of the best-selling family sedan in the US.
3. Chevy Silverado- fortunly claims there was a 26% spike in the number of stolen Chevy's from 2019 to 2020.
2. Honda-according to fortunly.com, '34,144 units of this vehicle were stolen in 2020 alone.'
1. Ford Pickup-many would love for their Ford pickup to be the number 1 in anything but being the most stolen vehicle in America! Over 44,000 were stolen in the year 2020 alone.