5 Texas Fun Facts Kids Know And Most Adults Do Not!
I was literally 'schooled' the other day by my 4th-grade daughter. Apparently, in school she has been learning all about our great state of Texas and she decided to give her momma a surprise pop quiz. I did not do well. Either I did not retain the information I more than likely learned at her age or I never learned it in the first place.
Let me let you in on some fun facts about Texas before you too end up schooled by your children or grandchildren, who will undoubtedly never let you live it down!
TEXAS FUN FACTS THAT ALL TEXANS SHOULD KNOW:
1. What is the state bird of Texas? This is the one that got me! I blurted out without hesitation, 'the road runner!' Nope. It is in fact the mockingbird. The northern mockingbird to be exact.
2. What is the state flower? Simple...bluebonnets right? Yes! 1 point mom. This one I did answer correctly.
3. What is the state tree of Texas? Why do I need to know these things again? This one I was not sure of, but once my little one told me, it was a no-brainer. The pecan tree! But of course.
4. What is the state motto of Texas? What? Do we have one? Why? Is it 'don't mess with Texas?' It is actually NOT I learned. lol The state motto of Texas is friendship.
5. What is Texas' nickname? This one I know, love and am proud of! The LoneStar State.