Only In Texas Are These 10 Things We All Do Acceptable!
It's a Texas thing, you wouldn't understand...how many times have we uttered that phrase to friends, family, or acquaintances that have never been to our great state? Thanks to the movies, non-Texans think we ride horses to work, we all wear cowboy hats and boots and we all live on farms and raise animals. lol
I mean we do some unusual, some would call crazy things but we're not aliens! I thought I would share a list for folks who have never been to Texas or no nothing about us Texans. We will call this only in Texas...
- only in Texas do peeps line up to watch high school kids enter prom like it's a movie premiere
- only in Texas do we wear flowers or 'mums' that cover the entire front of our bodies for the Homecoming football game-Friday night football is a religion
- only in Texas will we sit in a line a mile long to get our Chick fil A or Whataburger fix
- only in Texas will you see men, women, and children wearing shorts year-round
- only in Texas will we drive 5 or more hours just to get our lake or any body of water fix
- only in Texas when we ask for Coke it could mean Dr. Pepper, Sprite or any other flavor of soda
- only in Texas will an entire city shut down for a couple of inches of snow
- only in Texas do we have all four seasons in one day
- only in Texas do we look for any excuse to bar b que-birthday, anniversary, cousin coming to visit, let's cook out!
Truly the list could go on. Everything really is bigger and better in Texas!
10 of the Cheapest Places to Live in the Great State of Texas
Gallery Credit: Tara Holley