Listen Up Texas Parents! Mom Issues Stern Warning About Viral Challenge-DON’T TRY IT!
I truly thought that this viral challenge had ended already but apparently, it is one that seems to not ever go away. The 'one chip challenge' has been around for a few years and is a challenge where kids are supposed to eat just one chip that is so incredibly spicy, that the outer packaging actually comes with a WARNING label.
There are countless videos on the internet of people attempting the challenge but one Massachusetts mother is issuing a warning to all parents after her son died after completing the challenge.
Officials are saying it is far too soon to determine whether the challenge was the cause of the teen's death but the teen's family, 'is blaming the snack.' Read the full story here.
Just in case you have never seen the chip or its packaging, on the back you will find this complete list of warnings:
*Keep out of reach of children
*Intended for adult consumption
*Do not eat if you are sensitive to spicy foods, allergic to peppers, night shades or capsaicin, or are pregnant or have any medical conditions.
*After touching the chip, wash your hands with soap and do not touch your eyes or other sensitive areas.
*Seek medical assistance should you experience difficulty breathing, fainting or extended nausea.
WOW! That is quite a list and it does state that it is not for children, but the problem is, children are not reading these warning labels. They simply accept the challenge issued by their peers or better yet just watch the videos on the internet and think they can 'handle it.'
Here is a YouTube video telling the story of what happened to the teen in Massachusetts. Parents, WARN YOUR KIDS, THIS IS NOT A CHALLENGE TO BE TAKEN LIGHTLY. IT IS VERY DANGEROUS.