Is This The Spookiest Bridge To Drive Over In Texas?
It's one of the steepest bridges in Texas and therefore probably one of the spookiest to go over! , Yep, this TEXAS bridge is one of the most intimidating bridges in Texas! So, if you google the intimidating bridge in Texas, this bridge comes up! The Rainbow Bridge is located in Port Arthur Texas. Many drivers who have seen the bridge consider it one of the most 'intimidating' bridges in Texas.
• THE RAINBOW BRIDGE IN PORT ARTHUR TEXAS WAS BUILT IN 1938
The bridge was constructed to connect state Highway 97 and State Highway 73 to connect Port Arthur on the southwest bank of the river. Bridge City is on the north side.
• WHY IT'S SO INTIMIDATING?
People who have been on it say it's all about that INCLINE! The 7,760-foot-wide bridge stretched over the Neches River with a clearance of 177 feet and a span of 680 feet. The STEEP incline has a 5 percent grade for every 100 feet which means it can be pretty intimidating. And, if you break down on the bridge well, there is no side clearance to move over. They say it was scarier back in the day when the bridge was a 2 way.
• HERE IS WHAT SOME DRIVERS HAD TO SAY ABOUT IT ON YOUTUBE
- cameraman655 Scariest bridge in Texas... I drove it many times even during storms, I avoid it if at all possible.
- fooser1 I got turned around once and ended up having to driver over this thing twice. If you have any fear of heights, this is not the bridge for you.
- Brenda Scared the hell out of me driving over it
- KikBucket I used to be in the backseat as a kid crying and praying the whole time
- Jimmy drove over it.... the descent was fun
The Rainbow Bridge made this list of the Scariest bridges in America.
LET'S TAKE A RIDE TOGETHER NOW! CHECK OUT THE VIDEO BELOW!
Have You Been On The Bridge? I bet it's scarier in person than on video, but yeah I'll pass. LOL!
The JUNKIEST Place in Texas!
Gallery Credit: Leo