Can Dogs Legally Sit In The Front Seat Of A Car In Texas?
Who do you want to sit SHOT GUN next to you in the front seat? Yep, man's best friend, our dogs! Right? But, is it legal for dogs to sit in the front seat in Texas? Where should a dog seat in the car? I know my dogs love Bye-Bye rides. Do you have one of your dogs sit in the front seat next to you? And, is it legal?
• YES, IN TEXAS DOGS CAN LEGALLY SIT IN THE FRONT SEAT
In Texas, there is currently NO LAW prohibiting a dog from sitting in the front seat.
According to pets that travel dot com...
There is no law in Texas which requires dog car restraint. However, current cruelty to animals statues make it illegal to transport or confine an animal in a cruel manner.
• DOES TEXAS REQUIRE A SEAT BELT OR RESTRAINING DEVICE FOR DOGS?
According to PAWSINSIDER dot com...
- Ambiguous law.
- No current laws exist on restraining a dog when driving.
- Animal cruelty laws make it illegal to confine or transport animals in an inhumane or cruel manner.
• SAFETY FOR YOUR DOGS SHOULD ALWAYS BE PRIORITY 1
Yes we love our DOGS and while there are no laws in Texas about DOGS in the front seat, please make sure they are SAFE and your driving is SAFE as well. Paw Insider recommends this for your dog's safety...
- Dog seat belts
- Dog car harnesses
• RESTRAINT LAWS DIFFER FROM STATE TO STATE!
There Are 4 States That Will NOT Allow Your Dog to Roam Freely In Your Vehicle.
- New Hampshire
- Rhode Island