5 Things I Have Learned From Moving
Buy a house they said, it will be fun they said! I recently bought a new house and am moving. It has been about 15 years since I have last moved and I am learning a whole new ball game.
When I moved out of my apartment into the house I am currently in, I didn't have that much stuff because I was in an apartment. After living in this house for about 15 years, I have accumulated too much stuff. Here are five things I have learned from buying a house and moving.
1. Dumpsters are your best friend. I have accumulated too much stuff over the years. When it came to decluttering and cleaning things out, I couldn't believe how much stuff was in my house. We found things in places I didn't even know existed. I was able to get a roll-off dumpster from 1-800 Junk Pro and it was a lifesaver. It was so easy to walk out and throw everything in that dumpster and not have to keep taking trips to the trash. They dropped it off, I filled it up, and they hauled it off.
2. You find out who your friends are. When you are moving you find out who your true friends are. They are the ones that jump right in and help not ghost you. I have had some of my best friends help me in cleaning out my house and packing. I couldn't have done it without them.
3. You never have enough boxes! Just when you think you have enough, NOPE! So you go and get more and still don't have enough.
4. Nothing happens the way it's planned. I scheduled some work to be done at my new house and scheduled movers in correspondence with that and nothing worked out as planned. I had to reschedule the movers and still don't know if the work will be done in time.
5. Moving can cause you to go broke. LOL Paying for work to be done at the new house. Finding out the contractor and materials is three times what you thought. Paying for movers, and transferring services. I guess it's like buying an expensive purse but having no money to put in it. I have a nice new house, but now I am broke. LOL
Check out my packing experience. We had to stop and set up the pool at the new house for a little break. LOL