4 Texas Cities Make The Top 10 Ten In The U.S. For Singles
Do you live in a city or town and think, "everyone here is married" or there is no one here for me, well I am here to help.
Zillow compiled a list of cities best for singles to live in based on rent and the number of singles in the area. They also only looked at America's biggest cities. One of the most significant factors in the ranking was the cost of living. It obviously would be attractive for singles if they couldn't afford to live there. Let's take a look at the top ten. The good news for Texans is you won't have to go too far considering four Texas cities made the top 10.
10. Boston, $2,788. That's over $500 more than Seattle. So it's definitely the least affordable on the list.
9. Washington, D.C., $2,231. Again, it's expensive, but not if you land a high-paying job.
8. Seattle, $2,265. It's the second most expensive in the top ten. But the median income is higher than in a lot of other cities.
7. Dallas, $1,791. So that's four Texas cities. In sheer numbers, Dallas has the most single people of any city in the top ten. It's also the last one on the list, under two grand a month.
6. Houston, $1,575. Again, it's got lots of open apartments.
5. San Antonio, $1,469. It ranked high in available apartments.
4. Denver, $1,988. (Cannabis is legal there.)
3. Milwaukee, $1,186. It has the highest percentage of singles in the top ten.
2. Austin. It's $1,869 a month, so almost double the rent in Wichita. But it's got lots of single people.
1. Wichita, Kansas. It's the only city in the top ten where the average rent is under $1,000, just $966 a month.