How To Avoid Getting Sick During This Time Of Year
Unfortunately it is that time of year. Seasons changing, temps are dropping, holidays are near and everyone is getting sick. That was this girl last week. You think you're tough and some over-the-counter meds will do....not gonna happen. Just go to the doctor, I finally had to break down and do so and the shot pictured sure was mine. lol
A couple of tips for trying to stay healthy around this time of year:
- Never touch your mouth, nose or eyes without washing your hands. Just think of how many things you touch during the day (keyboards, computer mouse, telephone, shaking hands, etc.)
- Don’t share food with people or drink from the milk carton or double dip chips. Especially around the football parties, double dipping is a big way to spread germs!
- Cover your mouth and nose when you couch or sneeze.
- Talk to your doctor if you’re up to date on all your immunizations. Getting your flu shot may hurt a bit at the time, but it could keep you from spending a few days out of work feeling miserable!
- If you feel sick and don’t know whether you need to go to the doctor, the hospital or it’s just a 24 hour bug, you can call 68 nurse (855) 686-8773. A local nurse will get you the answer and help you decide what you need to do to feel better!